City of Glass - Cassandra Clare *I finally got around to re-reading it! Haha. It's definitely still my favorite of the series. It takes a little while to pick up, which I didn't notice the first time I read it; I guess there's a lot of buildup. But it needs that ... and it's worth it because once it gets to the last 200 pages or so it's like "OHMIGODDD OHMIGODDD!!!" So intenssseee!!! I can't imagine how anyone could not be drawn into this series. Shallow, yes, and the writing isn't spectacular – but it's a fantastic story with one of the best cast of characters i've ever "met". :D I can't wait for the spin-off series ... *SCREAMS!!!**original review: OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD. Oh wow. Where do I even begin?? Okay, uhhh I think I have to scream first to release this excited energy. *grabs pillow, screams into it* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!First off: IT. WAS. AMAZING. Not that I expected anything less, but it was like even more amazing than I expected it to be. I mean, you should have seen me reading this book. As soon as it came in the mail, I went up to my room, closed the door, and read for three hours straight. Then I even brought it to my friend's house and read the whole time (don't worry, my friends are used to me doing this sort of thing). Then I went home and kept reading until midnight. Then I got up at 6:30 (on a Saturday) to finish reading it.I know, I know. I'm crazy. But I couldn't help it!!! The story was so addicting, so heartstopping, so … so … AAAHH IT WAS PERFECT!!! Like, everything turned out exactly the way I wanted it to! BWA HAHA >:D*******Okay, now I'm gonna drop a few spoilers*****First of all, I am SO relieved that Jace and Clary weren't siblings. THANK GOODNESS!! Okay, I knew it was going to turn out not to be true, or there would have been, like, no point in the series. But still, when I actually read the words, it was the most incredible feeling. I swear I almost jumped up and did a victory dance. I didn't. But I did sit there for like an entire minute screaming "YESS!!! YESSSS!!!!!!!" and probably waking up my entire family so early in the morning. Heehee.So, plotwise: SOOO GOOD!!! I was hanging on every word, desperate to know what would happen. The suspense was killing me!!The character development was awesome too; particularly in Jace. The other characters developed too, of course, but Jace stood out to me – and not just because he's a sexy beast (he is a sexy beast, by the way). But I love how he changed gradually, from being so arrogant and self-centered to being so caring and willing to admit his feelings for Clary. Like – OMGGGG – when he told her he loved her, wowwww you should have seen me. I was, like, not breathing, I swear to god. *hyperventilates* aaaaahhhh it was so freaking romantic … ^_^