Beautiful Creatures - Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia I really liked this. :) I picked it up expecting the usual paranormal romance – you know, a lot of lovey-dovey stuff and some guy with some sort of supernatural powers … But in this case: first of all, it was the girl who was the "dangerous"/supernatural one, which I thought was awesome. And she wasn't the typical vampire/werewolf/witch/etc. I liked the idea of Casters, how they were kind of like witches/wizards but … not. And I loved the idea about being Claimed and all that jazz. The further the story progressed, the more intriguing the plot became. The premise was much more original and compelling than I anticipated. It was one of those books where I was wondering what was going to happen the whole time, sometimes when I wasn't even reading it. I know a book is good when I think about it when I'm not actually reading it. ;D There were a lot of great and unexpected plot twists. It was just awesome. I fell in love with the characters, too. They were all great … Ethan, Lena, Amma, Link, Ridley, Uncle Macon … ahhh I just loved them all! lol. The writing was good, too – exciting, descriptive, sometimes serious and sometimes funny. Loved the book! :]