Linger - Maggie Stiefvater Oh my freaking goodness. I hate when a book makes me into a squealing fangirl but I can't help it … SQUUUEEEEEEE!!!!! OMG THIS BOOK IS LIKE MAD BEASTLY. AND AND AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT LIKE A YEAR FOR THE NEXT ONE?! NOOOOoooo MAGGIE HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME???!!!! Okay, enough with the fooling around. I'll try to be serious now, although I'm still hyperventilating over the ending. Prepare for a long rant that might have spoilers in it. But I hate putting spoiler alerts on my reviews as you know, I think because then no one sees what a fabulously long review I wrote.First of all, Maggie Stiefvater. I love you, you brilliant woman you. I adore Stiefvater's writing style. My good friend Sella and I have decided that the best word to describe Maggie Stiefvater's writing is "delicious". That's exactly what it is. It's that kind of writing that, as you're reading it, you feel like you're EATING it because it's just so dang good. She describes things and emotions so vividly and with such careful word choice. There's a thin line between being poetic and rambling, and Maggie Stiefvater is definitely the former. So reason #1 why I love this book, the writing is gorgeous.Reason #2, it takes a clichéd idea and makes it new. Whenever I tell people about these books they're like "Eew, another paranormal-romance/werewolf book?" But what makes this book stand out among the other paranormal romances is that A) The paranormal aspect seems more believable. No, I don't mean I believe in werewolves. But it's one of those books where you, as a reader, are willing to suspend disbelief in order to sympathize with the characters. Maggie Stiefvater puts such a great emotional aspect in these books, and she actually attempts a scientific explanation about the wolves, which is something I don't often see. Since there is actually a hint of science to it, and because the characters are so likable and believable, this isn't your typical clichéd werewolf book. B) The romance aspect is more believable as well. I don't know what it is … With most of these "love at first sight", paranormal books, I don't believe for a second that the two main characters are legitimately in love. But there's something about Grace and Sam … Maybe it's having both of their perspectives. But I feel how much they care about each other, that what they share is so sweet and so passionate––maybe a little too perfect, but I love it nonetheless. I can't help it, they're just so darn adorable. Now, the characters. Reason #3. SAAAAAM!!! All right, so I have a silly fangirl crush on him. SHUT UP. But how can I help it? He's so cool. Like, who gives a crap about Edward Cullen? He's a creepy stalker with no purpose in life besides … being a creepy stalker. But Sam writes songs and is sweet and adorable and not all stalkerish and over-protective! I love him! Grace is a little boring, but I like her well enough. Isabel is awesome and hilarious. And Cole … aaah!!! I'm so glad he was added to these books. What a genius plot twist. I love him. He's so mysterious … and confusing … and emo … and wonderful. I LOVE HIM. Not as much as Sam, but he's awesome awesome awesome.Okay, I don't want to give too much away about the plot. But it was great. I couldn't stop reading. I finished it probably an hour ago and I'm still thinking about it, still trying to find the words to describe the awesomesauceness. Gosh, it's INTENSE. I wasn't breathing for like the last 30 pages or so. And when I got to the end I actually threw the book against the wall. No, I love the ending. But I HATE IT. Well, I just hate that I have to wait for the next one. I LOVE THESE BOOKS. MORE THAN EVER, NOW. AND MAGGIE STIEFVATER. I LOVE HER TOO. Now just to wait for a year … *sigh*