Where She Went - Gayle Forman *cracks knuckles* Okay, now that I am on summer vacation, I actually have time to review things. What a wonderful feeling.Bad news is, I'm having trouble remembering what, exactly, I was going to say about all these books I've neglected to review, but ... nevertheless, I will try my very best to remember. I read this almost a whole month ago, so, bear with me.I don't think I have a whole heck of a lot to say, although sometimes I say that and write ten paragraphs ...Long story short, I liked the first book better. Not a lot better, but ... better. I think what made me like the first book a lot more was, it was more of a surprise. When I saw it was such a popular book, and read a description of the plot, I thought it was going to be some whiny book about a suicidal girl who couldn't decide whether or not to kill herself ... I had no idea it was all surreal and supernatural, so I liked that surprising aspect of it.Where She Went, on the other hand, was pretty much what I expected it to be. I don't mean that's a bad thing, just saying that I was sort of hoping it would be a little more different from what I expected, and it wasn't.But yes, it's a lovely and bittersweet story. Like the first book, it's a quick and enjoyable read. Gayle Forman is a talented writer, and her characterization is good. I was a bit nervous about the story being in Adam's point of view, but I ended up really liking his perspective, and I think this second part of the story was better when told through his eyes. I also like how he seemed to have some form of OCD, but Forman doesn't spell it out for the reader, which I liked. And I also like how the reader can see how Mia has changed––how tragedy has both affected her personality and her music.I guess the one thing that left me feeling a little "ehhh" was that nothing really ... happened in it. In the first book, you're hooked on every page wondering what Mia will choose, whether she's going to die or not, etc. In this book, it was pretty much just Mia and Adam walking around, trying to figure out their relationship. And although it was sweet and realistic and well-written, there were parts where I found myself getting a bit bored.In the end, the book sort of felt like an afterthought––a nice afterthought, but an afterthought nonetheless. I found the end of the first book so compelling because it left so much to be interpreted. Even without "experiencing" it, the reader suffers through the same pain as Mia, wondering how she'll cope without her family once she wakes up; it was a story with a powerful message about acceptance. Where She Went is an interesting look at the aftermath of tragedy and how we cope with grief, although I didn't think it packed quite the same, powerful punch.