I Capture the Castle - Dodie Smith Oh look, I have neglected to review this. What a shame. I shall do that now.Okay, it's been more than a week since I finished this. But I believe I still remember what I was going to say about it. So, that's good. When books are bad I tend to forget what I was going to say about them. But, that's not the case here.This is a lovely and enjoyable book. I mean, look––J.K. Rowling likes it! Of course it's good! To give a brief summary ... Our main character is 17-year-old Cassandra. She and her sister Rose, their father, their stepmother, and a boy named Stephen who does all their odd-jobs, live in a large old house they refer to as "the castle." Cassandra's father wrote one successful book years ago, which earned them the money to buy the castle. But after Cassandra's mother dies, her father spends most of his time reading instead of writing. The family has fallen on hard times and is now struggling to make ends meet. Cassandra has decided she wants to be a writer like her father, and so is writing journal entries about everything that happens to her. Soon Cassandra and Rose meet two American boys, Neal and Simon, and find themselves caught up in all sorts of complicated love problems.The strength in this book comes mostly from Cassandra's narration. She's honest, funny, realistic, and a lovable character. Often times, she would say something I'd always thought but never knew how to describe. One part that stood out to me in particular was when she shared her views on religion ... how she feels there may be a greater power, and at times she feels like there has to be something, but how she doesn't know if it's God. Being agnostic myself, I thought she captured the point of view perfectly.Also, this book is really funny. When I picked it up, I didn't know it was going to be so comical. It's a heartbreaking story in many ways, but Dodie Smith is wonderful at sprinkling it with humorous situations and descriptions. One of my favorite parts is when Rose and Cassandra lock up their father in a room to make him write. ... Gosh, I wish someone would do that to me sometimes. Haha.I guess the one thing that took away from it, for me, was the ending.The thing was, I didn't like Simon much. I didn't really believe the romance between him and Cassandra. It seemed weird to me. I was more of a Team Stephen gal ... I like the quiet, sensitive type. And I felt so bad for him.But other than that, this is a great read and I highly recommend it. It's hilarious, it's believable, it's romantic ... Who could ask for anything more?