Firelight - Sophie Jordan La di daaa, catching up on reviews I've neglected to do for the past few weeks. I've been busy with college apps sooo haven't been in the mood to review much lately. It's sad. I love writing book reviews. ANYWAY, sooo this book. My friend recommended it to me, so I read it. And I liked it, for the most part.First of all, I liked the premise. Yes, there have been many paranormal romances lately, but at least this one wasn't about vampires and werewolves and faeries and whatnot. It's about a girl who can shapeshift into a dragon. Oh, and when she feels a particularly strong emotion, she starts to glow and smoke comes out her nostrils.… Well, all right. It's a bit strange. But at least it's original! The plot was pretty simplistic, as all paranormal romances tend to be. But I loved the backstory stuff. The draki and the draki-hunters, Jacinda's father's death, how Jacinda's mom gave up her draki and wants Jacinda to do the same, yada yada. And the idea of a relationship between a draki and a draki-hunter … "A predator in love with his prey" as Will puts it … clichéd, yes, but intriguing nonetheless.Still, I had some issues with it. First of all, the writing drove me a bit nuts. So many fragments. With no purpose. Really, there's a difference between using fragments effectively and using them just because you're too lazy to construct a complete sentence. Like, I remember one part that was just like "Tamra leaps towards Mom. Gives her a hug." WHY CAN'T THAT JUST BE ONE SENTENCE, DAMMIT?! *Ah hem* Anyway. The other thing was, there was nothing particularly believable or effective about the romance. It's just another story where two teenagers see each other for the first time, and ten pages later they're making out and confessing their undying love for each other. … Okay? You know, when two characters say they love each other in a book I have to believe it. I have to see some sort of struggle towards romance. There have to be arguments and disagreements and conflict and points where it looks like it won't work out. That kind of thing. The whole Romeo & Juliet thing that so many teen books are into these days … It's not really working out for me.But regardless, I enjoyed this book. It was a good page-turner and a quick read. :)