The Hourglass Door - Lisa Mangum Hmmm … Cool. Over all, pretty good. The plot was interesting, although not entirely original. The writing was decent. The characters were likable. I wasn't crazy about it, but I did enjoy it and I look forward to reading the sequel to find out what happens! The ending was a cliffhanger …I sort of had issues with the plot. While I thought the time-travel aspect was cool, the rest of it felt like a billion other books I've read. It followed the common Twilight-esque premise: Smart girl lives in a small quiet town and then some mysterious/mystical and extremely sexy boy shows up and seems drawn to her for no apparent reason. They hang out and stare into each others' eyes and say dopey lovey-dovey things to each other, but the guy keeps being like "Nooo we cannot be together because I am DANGEROUS! RAWWRRR!" And the girl's like "I do not care! Boohooo!" And you know the whole vicious cycle. Anyway, as clichéd as this type of plot is, there's a reason why it's a cliché––because it appeals to us female readers. So, it's not that I didn't like it. I did like it. Just saying it was nothing too special.I wasn't crazy about the writing, either. It was pretty good for the most part, just kind of repetitive and there were a lot of dialogue tags. Anyway, over all, it was good. If you're looking for something similar to Twilight or you're just looking for something fun to read, check it out.