The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson Sooo I've barely reviewed any books since, like, July or so. So I read this quite a while ago, sorry for the delay. :P Here are my thoughts … I liked it, although I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. I love love loved the poetry parts––the parts where Lennie talked about Bailey, their conversations about their mother, etc. I sort of wish that had been the entirety of the book and that it hadn't been so focused on the Toby/Joe thing.It would have been more powerful and original in my opinion if it had focused more on the idea of sisterhood. Instead it seemed like it was trying to draw in more readers by being a romance, too. Not that I don't enjoy love triangles, but in this case I thought it was a bit too much. There was the love triangle, plus the missing mother, plus Bailey's death, plus Bailey and Toby being engaged, plus Bailey being pregnant when she died, plus Joe being like "I have been emotionally scarred and now I'm an unforgiving asshole!", plus all the "quirky" characters … towards the end felt like it was a bit overly done. Also I found it hard to believe that Joe could find all of Bailey's poems when she had written quite a few of them on things like trees and candy wrappers and discarded plastic cups.So over all … It was beautifully written and interesting. Just a little too … exaggerated, I guess?