Daughter of the Forest - Juliet Marillier Okay, it's been like a week since I finished this, so I suppose I should probably review it now. This review probably won't be too long, since I don't have much to criticize.Well, this is the second book by Juliet Marillier that I've read. The first was Wildwood Dancing, which I really enjoyed. However, I was hesitant to try this series because it sounded a little too "epic fantasy" for my taste. Usually I don't really enjoy this type of thing, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book.It had very good world-building, and Marillier's style and imagery added to the experience. It was a fairly uneventful book ... that is, if you're looking for something full of fire-breathing dragons or something, this probably isn't the book for you. It's more about character development. Sorcha is a very likable main character. She is strong and determined and sticks to her goals, even when it seems impossible that she can save her brothers. (It was a little annoying how everyone seemed to want to rape her or just get in her pants ... but, oh well.)I also thought the romance in this book was well done. When the story started out, I was pretty sure I knew who Sorcha was going to end up with ... but as the story progressed, things changed a lot. And, well, I won't spoil it. I'll just say, it's very well developed and over all quite romantic. So, I guess that's about it. I just don't have much to complain about. It's a good book, and I recommend it.