Paper Towns - John Green So, I went to a family reunion this weekend. It was six-hour drive, so I pretty much read this entire book during that time. In fact, this past weekend I managed to read 2+ books and write about 15 pages. Whut. I need to go out into rural Pennsylvania more often. The wonders of not having the Internet! (But let's be serious, I love the Internet too much.)Anyway, time to review. I'll probably keep it pretty brief.I believe this is the fourth John Green book I've read. And I liked it, but thus far it isn't my favorite of his. Maybe it's because I read The Fault in Our Stars so recently, and that book was super amazing. I can't really help but compare, and Paper Towns was just not as powerful. It was entertaining (for the most part), but over all it just didn't stick with me as much.Well anyway, let's start with what I liked.As usual, John Green is a great writer. He has a way with words––his style is funny and witty, but it's also emotional. His writing always keeps me interested. Plus the idea of "paper towns" was intriguing to me, since I'd never heard of them before. So, you learn something new every day!So, that about sums up the strongest points for me––I know, it doesn't seem like much. But, I did like the book a lot. It was a fun read. Just wanted to clarify that before I go into my criticisms.There were just a couple things that bothered me:1. The dialogue. I think I also mentioned this in my review for The Fault in Our Stars, and maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I'm not a huge fan of the way Green writes dialogue. I mean, his dialogue is really funny and well-written. My issue is that it seems almost too funny and well-written. I just can't get myself to believe that these average teenage characters are going around spouting such thought-out, witty remarks every time they open their mouths. It doesn't bother me too much, I just find it kind of implausible.2. The characters. I didn't find the characters as strong in this book as they were in some of Green's other books. Margo was kind of a Manic Pixie Dreamgirl. (If you don't know what it means, look it up.) She had some more depth towards the end––but for much of the book, she just kind of felt like a plot device. That is, it felt like she was only there to make Q learn about life and take more risks, etc. I thought she could have used some more development as a character and not just as an idea. And then Q himself, I didn't find all that compelling either. His obsession with Margo kind of drowned out all his other personality traits––and in the end he kind of seemed like a crazed stalker. 3. The ending. It was just a bit ... meh. It was the type of book where I turned the last page and I was a little like, "Huh? That's it?" I guess I expected something a bit more dramatic, after the entire crazy journey, and all the "OH NO, MARGO MUST BE DEAD" scares. It wasn't a terrible ending, just not a particularly memorable one for me, either.So, I suppose that's all I have to say. Good book, good writing. It just could have used some more work in believability and character development, in my humble opinion.