Legend - Marie Lu New Year's resolution: Brigid, stop putting off reviews for months and months.So, okay. I read this book at the end of August so it's been 4+ months and my memory of it is quite foggy. Apparently, right after reading it, I gave it 4 stars. But now that it's been a while since I read it, I'm finding that I really don't remember much about it at all. It was a decent read, but to me it wasn't too memorable. So, I'm bumping it down to 3. Basically, here we have another YA futuristic dystopia. It focuses on June and Day, our two main characters and two narrators. June is a military prodigy who's just super good at kicking ass and stuff. Day is a wanted criminal on the run. When June's older brother is murdered, it seems like Day is the main culprit and June sets out on a mission to get him captured. But when they meet, Day is not what June expected ... and well, you know, there's all this conflict where June thinks Day is awesome except for that he probably killed her brother and yada yada. Sorry, I suck at plot summaries––especially for books I read a century ago.I did enjoy this book at the time I read it. It was pretty fast-paced and concise, and kept me interested. However, while June and Day were likable enough characters, I didn't feel much of a connection to either of them. Also, they both narrated the story––and if it hadn't been for the different fonts and colors of text when they were "speaking" I wouldn't really have been able to tell them apart. Their voices were too similar, in my opinion. Also, it kind of irritated me that they were both some type of prodigy. They weren't flawless, no, but they were just too good at everything and it felt a bit unrealistic. I mean, even Day––who was a criminal––was just "misunderstood" and not really evil. He was really just trying to find medicine and help his brother, aww. And he never killed anyone. He didn't even kill June's brother. It was all a misunderstanding ... Hooray.Also, like most dystopias, this book could have used more world-building. I never got a strong sense of the setting, or how their whole society had come into being. It wasn't a very long book, and there could have been more time dedicated to fleshing out the world and the characters more.So, over all I thought this book was pretty a'ight and it kept me reading, but it wasn't the most original or satisfying dystopia I've read. However, I've heard that the sequel is really good––better than this one, apparently. So, I might pick that up.