The Black Tattoo - Sam Enthoven I had somewhat high expectations for this book that … well, it didn't reach. The plot sounded intriguing to me, and I thought the first few chapters were great. I mean, Hell, a powerful demon on the loose, what could be more exciting than that? Unfortunately, this book dragged out for far to long, to the point where I just wanted it to end. Turned out this book was trying a little too hard to be funny rather than exciting. Don't get me wrong, I love some dark humor, but I felt like the constant attempts at humor just made the book strange … and not in a good way. It was like "And then the bats sucked the demons' blood and then puked into bowls and the demons ate it and were like, MMMM THIS IS DELICIOUS! Hahaha that's funny, they're eating puke!" It's just like … eew. WHY?! Some of the characters were interesting. I liked Esme, plus she had a cool backstory, and I kind of wished she was the main character instead of Jack … because he was completely lame. No personality whatsoever. Not even much of a reaction to being involved with all this Hell/demon crap. And Charlie was just an idiot and I didn't really care whether he gave into evil or not. So basically, the plot had potential, but the lack of good characters and the whole tone of it I didn't like.