City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare GAAHHHHH! *Lets out a scream that lasts for about ten minutes*Okay. Well. I'm not sure where to begin.I guess I'm a bit torn on this one. Don't get me wrong. I loved it. It was epic. As good as the first three? No, but still great.My main problem with it was, this was originally going to be a trilogy. And although a lot was left open-ended at the end of the third book, it still felt like a happy ending. The main villain was dead (and the other villain was probably dead), most of the romantic issues were solved, yada yada. And they all lived happily ever after, right? … Well, apparently not.You know what this reminds me of? "Into the Woods" (the musical). I don't mean plot-wise. Just the fact that it's like, "So they all lived happily ever after!" And then you come back after intermission, and you find out that in the second half of the story, everyone gets stomped on by a giant. There are no giants in Mortal Instruments, but there are creepy-as-hell demons that want to kill everybody––so that's just as bad.I didn't have a problem with most of the added-on conflict. I mean, there were a lot of issues from the third book that had yet to be solved. Like, how would Simon adjust to life as a vampire? How would he deal with the whole Maia/Isabelle issue? What happened to Sebastian/Jonathan's body? Yada yada. I'm glad that Cassandra Clare addressed these issues and expanded on some things. I like that Maia and her backstory were developed a lot more in this book. And I liked Isabelle a lot more in this book, too. I also liked that Cassandra Clare brought the whole Clockwork Angel story into it a bit more.Then ... Jace and Clary. Ohhh mannn. Well, all right, I've always disliked Clary. She's pretty stupid and obnoxious. I have been a die-hard Jace fan from the start ... but as much as I love him, I have to say he was being TOTALLY ANNOYING. It was frustrating enough to watch their relationship go on and off for three books, so then it was all the more satisfying to see them get together in the end. And while they were still acting like sane people for the first fifty pages or so, it was like, "Awwww, they're such a cute couple!" But just like that, Jace goes back to being his old, "STAY AWAY FROM ME! I'M EEEEEVIL!" self. Even though he knows he's not a demon and all. "But Valentine still raised me so like maybe his evil-ness rubbed off on me or something!" And … well … if I were having recurring dreams about stabbing my girlfriend, I guess I'd be pretty upset, too. Also, he's sort of possessed by a demon and stuff ... But that doesn't mean he has to be such an asshole! Like, "I CAN'T BE WITH YOU. I CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT YOU." Gosh. Really?And then … THE ENDING OH GOD THE ENDING. I literally threw the book across the room, I was so angry.I hate cliffhangers with a fiery passion. Why do I torture myself by reading so many series? Whyyy? Clary, you dummyhead, don't leave people alone when they've been possessed by demons! And Jace, you dummyhead, don't go raising evil people from the dead––being possessed is no excuse!!!But, okay. It was pretty obvious that Sebastian would come back. If someone's body goes missing in a book, you KNOW they're going to become a problem later on. So I had a feeling things were going to end this way. Just not quite this badly.Like, if one of them dies they both die? AAAHHHHH! Actually, that's really awesome. How will Cassandra Clare work her way out of this one? Guess we'll have to wait and see ...BUT, I still loved it, as frustrating as it was. I'm in love with the plot and characters. These books are exciting and twisted and hilarious. They're just … great.Although, I'm looking forward to Clockwork Prince slightly more than I'm looking forward to City of Lost Souls. :)