Rebel Heart - Moira Young I read Rebel Heart several weeks ago by now, and I still can't decide how I feel about it. Let's just say, I had a lot of mixed feelings about it. While I enjoyed it, there were several things in it that infuriated me. And over all, I thought it was kind of a disappointing follow-up to Blood Red Road.I was in love with the first book. It was like someone had taken [b:The Knife of Never Letting Go|2118745|The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)|Patrick Ness|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1277071696s/2118745.jpg|2124180] and [b:The House of the Scorpion|13376|The House of the Scorpion|Nancy Farmer|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347695758s/13376.jpg|868252] and combined them into one crazy story. Not to mention, it had a kickass female lead and an awesome love interest. I thought it was really exciting and well-developed. When I got to the end, I was kind of surprised to find out that there was going to be a sequel. I thought Moira Young could have possibly just tied it up at the end somehow. But, of course I was still going to read the sequel.Going into book two, I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't really know where Young was going to pick up the plot or what was supposed to happen in this one. So, I was excited, but I was a little bit skeptical. When a series really starts out with a bang, sometimes it's difficult to follow up. And I feel like that was kind of an issue here.But I'll get to my problems with it later. I'll start with what I did like.A lot of things I liked about the first book were still present in the sequel.First of all, it's a very atmospheric series. The world Moira Young creates is very intriguing and easy to picture. It was easy for me to get lost in the story and imagine myself there along with the characters.Secondly, I like the writing style (for the most part). There are times when it gets a little annoying. And it does remind me a lot of Patrick Ness's style in the Chaos Walking series which makes me wonder if that's somehow intentional ... But it's still an interesting style and gives the book an extra something.I like that the plot moves fast. It just keeps running and doesn't slow down. Even if there were things in the book that bothered me, at least I was never bored with it. There's always something going on and Young keeps the readers guessing about what will happen next. So, I appreciate that.I also liked the addition and/or development of certain characters. I had hoped that Lugh would become a more prevalent character in this book, and he was. He was not really in much of the first book, so I was glad to see more of him in this book, and I thought his relationship with Maev was sweet. Although, honestly, I thought he was kind of being a jerk for most of the book. But I found him to be an intriguing character, anyway. I also really liked Molly and Jack's history with her; at first it weirded me out a little, but it was also really sad and I thought it felt believable. So, I found their relationship to be a compelling aspect of the story. However, as I've mentioned a few times by now, there were some major things in this book that bothered me. SPOILERS AHEAD.I still loved Jack, but the whole thing with him supposedly "betraying" everyone was kind of clichéd and predictable. I mean, it was pretty clear from the start that it was going to turn out he hadn't really turned evil. Like, he had no reason to do that at all. And yet most of the characters gave up on him pretty much right away. They were just like, "Well, even though Jack has no reason at all to betray us, we've all instantly lost faith in him. He's evil now. Too bad, I guess." So when it turned out that it was all a misunderstanding and everything it was like, HMM YOU DON'T SAY.But probably the biggest thing was that I had some big problems with Saba in this book. I loved her in the first book and thought she was a super cool heroine. In Rebel Heart, I lost quite a bit of respect for her. Sure, she was still pretty kickass and tough and all, but she made some pretty damn stupid decisions.MAJOR SPOILER: So, there's this part where she sees Jack kidnap Emmi. And at that point, she goes totally nuts and runs off on her own and jumps off a cliff Bella Swan style. I mean, she's going after Nero, but still. It's a bit dramatic. She then runs into the villain, DeMalo. They end up spending some time together and he shows her this trippy place where they hallucinate about flying over daisy fields or something. And then ... they have sex. So yeah. For some reason Saba decides not to go save her kidnapped sister, but to be a whiney brat and run away, jump off a cliff, and have sex with the villain for virtually no reason. (I mean, I kind of get the feeling there's some weird kind of mind-control type thing going on, or some other thing that Saba can't control. But, it was still really weird.) And I mean like, why would you ever sleep with someone whose name like literally means "Of Evil"? (Not very subtle, Moira Young.)So yeah, that one thing really threw me off.I also didn't like the way Saba treated Tommo. Poor dude. I wish Saba had just been honest with him rather than being manipulative and seriously using his feelings for her against him at one point. It just seemed super bitchy of her. Basically, I thought Saba was awesome in the first book, but in this book she did a lot of things that really got on my nerves.Anyway ... I did like the ending. The last scene between Jack and Saba was really cute and I still think they're a great couple.In conclusion ... I liked this book. I just didn't like it as much as I liked the first book. It was exciting and fast-paced, and the world and the characters are interesting. I was disappointed in Saba by the end, though. However, I still plan on reading the third book and finding out what happens.