Touch - Adania Shibli Touch is a very short novella of only 72 pages––but despite its brevity, it's a lot to absorb. I had to read it twice in order to properly understand its contents.The story is about a Palestinian girl, the youngest of ten children. The book goes through events in her day-to-day life, skipping back and forth throughout time, and even repeating certain points in the girl's significant memories.During my first reading, I was pretty confused for most of the story. It's challenging to figure out the order of events. However, once I grasped the story as a whole, it was easier to go back and re-read the novella and understand which events happened when. It isn't entirely clear, but it's possible to at least get the gist of it.Probably the strongest aspect of the narrative was its imitation of memory. It makes sense that, mimicking the way the human mind works, the story skips around in time and returns to the events that are most important to the protagonist. Although it's confusing, I do understand the author's intentions and I think she does a good job with the structure of the story over all.The writing is also very poetic and very sensory. Different "sections" of the book focus on different senses with which the girl experiences the world, which is an interesting stylistic choice.Over all, I thought this book was beautifully written and structured in a unique and intriguing way. However, I did find it a bit confusing and I had some issues connecting to the characters. So ultimately, I guess it gave me mixed feelings.