Abandon - Meg Cabot So I haven't really posted a review in, like, a week or so. Actually, I don't know how long it's been. But it feels like forever. It also feels like forever since I actually read this, since it was like three weeks ago. Errrm. I'll have to wrack my brains to remember everything I was going to say. Also my sleeping schedule is totally whacked right now, so I kinda feel like a zombie. If everything I write sounds like utter nonsense, I apologize.Okay, so, I was like SUPER EXCITED for this book. Why? Because a) I love Greek mythology, and b) I love Meg Cabot. 'NUFF SAID. So when I heard Meg Cabot was writing a modern-day retelling of the Persephone story, I was like, "DAYUMMM. THAT IS SO AWESOME." Thus, when I picked it up, I had pretty high expectations.Were my expectations met? Ehhhh ... that's hard to say. Like I said, I love Meg Cabot. She's a funny and awesome person. Her books are fun, and she obviously understands teens very well. However, some of her books are better than others. I love some of her more comedic books, such as All-American Girl. Although I never finished either series, I also enjoyed the first couple books in the Mediator series and the 1-800-Where-R-U series. The Airhead books were also pretty enjoyable, although they got a bit overcomplicated toward the end. And I think that may be Cabot's weakness; especially when she ties in fantasy and sci-fi, she tends to make things more confusing when she tries to come up with explanations for everything. For example, I didn't like Avalon High very much; I liked the idea of it being a modern retelling of King Arthur and whatnot, but toward the end it got way too confusing. Instead of just making it a retelling, she decided it had to turn out that all the characters were reincarnations of King Arthur characters, and ... just ... What?! You lost me there.So far, I don't think Abandon is too confusing, at least not yet. But I could see it getting to that point, which makes me nervous. I didn't even know that this was part of a trilogy until I got to the end. I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS. AGGHHH WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE A SERIES??!! *grinds teeth together*Anyway. For the most part, this was an enjoyable book. As I've said, I adore Greek mythology, and the Persephone myth is one of my favorites. The premise of the book is very interesting––although I sorta got the feeling that Meg Cabot was trying to buy into the paranormal romance craze, what with the creepy paranormal stalker and whatnot. But, ah well. Pierce is the typical sarcastic narrator, like all of Cabot's main characters, but she's still pretty likable.I didn't like John (the love interest) much, though. The problem was, he really wasn't in much of the book at all. He appeared once in a while, but he and Pierce didn't actually spend much time together, which doesn't do much for developing a strong character relationship.But, ya know, it was a Meg Cabot book. It's light and enjoyable. If you like her and you like her books, you'll like this one.