The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - Aimee Bender Aahhh errr uggghh. That's all I got to say. Just kidding but … really, there isn't much worth saying about this book. I was kinda disappointed. I picked it up because I read about it in People magazine, which gave it this raving review, plus the plot sounded strangely interesting. So I thought I'd give it a shot.Eh.I think the first problem was the idea. Maybe if you were the world's most freaking genius author, you could pull it off. But in the end it just seemed like one of those "What if … ?" ideas that didn't really go anywhere. "What if you could tell what people were feeling when they made the food you're eating?!" Okay, original. But the reason why it's original is because it's a stupid idea to try and work with. There's no … plot.On top of that, the writing was sooo incredibly pretentious. For goodness knows what reason, Aimee Bender decided she was too cool for quotation marks. Big risk to take. Frank McCourt can pull it off. Aimee WhatsHerFace can't, sorry. Her writing is just too dang boring.I skimmed through … oh … like the last 3/4 of this book because it got dull and annoying. Bleh.