The Curse of the Wendigo (Monstrumologist) - Rick Yancey GAHHHHH I don't even know where to begin.I have already torn through the first three books in this series and can't wait for the fourth one. There was one morning where I actually sat down and read pretty much the entire second half of this book and then about half of the third one. And that was a good 550 pages or so. I can't remember the last time I read that much in one sitting.So anyway, out of the three books so far, I think this one was my favorite.I thought things couldn't get scarier after the first book, but OH MAN. This one involves an evil thing that takes people over and turns them into flesh-eating monsters who rip people's faces off! Isn't that wonderful? I mean, really ... I can't describe how nasty these books are. They are just .... NASTY. In all capital letters. So nasty that my stomach hurts a little just thinking about them.Normally, I'm not really a fan of NASTY things. But as I believe I said in my review for the first book, the characters and writing are so good that I don't really mind. Rick Yancey definitely has the power to put horrific images in my mind that I'll never forget, so that's more than can be said for most authors. I was also glad that a few female characters were added to the story in this one. One of my few complaints about the first book was that there was such a lack of women in it. So, at least there were a couple of those in this installment.And I like the cute little romance between Will and Lilly. It's not too overbearing, but there's enough of it to make me grin like, "AW YOU CRAZY KIDS." Lilly is a great character; it's like, half the time I want to slap her and the other half I'm like, "GOSH YOU'RE AWESOME." I hope she does grow up to be the first female monstrumologist, because that would be super neat.But of course, the relationship that trumps all is not a romantic one, but the one between Will and Warthrop. Probably one of my favorite bromances ever. It's just so touching how Will is so dedicated to Warthrop, despite all the danger the crazy monstrumologist puts him in. And likewise, it's equally touching how Warthrop can act so angry and closed-off and yet obviously cares so much for Will's safety. It would just make me tear up sometimes. GAH they're so great. I can't even. So, over all, fantastic book. I don't really have anything to complain about. Now I'm off to review the third one!