Tithe - Holly Black *Hello, I am here to make this review less hostile and less trollish sounding. Yaaaay.*Okay, so ... Obviously, I did not care for this book. People seem very split on this one; people seem to either love it or hate it, and I found myself more in the latter category. I thought it had a good concept. I like a good faerie story, something that ties in old faerie mythology and whatnot. And I admit, I was drawn to the cover because––well, look at it. It's pretty neat. And I think people might have recommended it to me or something, or I'd seen it around a lot. So I thought––what the heck, I'll give it a shot. To begin with, I just found it too ... bizarre for my taste, I guess. And sure, I like weird stories provided that they're weird for a reason. But I felt like there wasn't much purpose behind the weirdness here. It was like, "My skin is peeling off and I'm greeeen." And I'd be like...I also strongly disliked the main character. It's been like five years since I read this, so I don't remember specifically why. I just remember feeling like I couldn't sympathize with her, which of course made it rather hard for me to enjoy the story.I also found there was too much unnecessary swearing. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cursing in books. I don't think it corrupts children or whatever. I just think there's such a thing as overkill. Like any word, a swear word can be used very effectively in the right place at the right time. But when swears are just sprinkled throughout the prose for the heck of it, or because the author seems to think that's the way all teenagers talk, then I just find it irksome.The only part I really remember of this book (besides the skin peeling off) was this part:Girl: Kiss my butt!Faerie Dude: Sure thing!!! *Kisses butt*Me: O____OI also remember that when I was reading this, I brought it to school. And my friend kept covering the last two letters of the title and being like, "HAHA. IT SAYS 'TIT.'"That's all I have to say. Bye bye for now.