The Fault in Our Stars - John Green Well...I think that about covers it. You can all go home now. Bye....But, seriously. I got more wrapped up in this book than I thought I would. Even though there was so much hype surrounding it, and John Green is a cool dude and all that ... for some reason, I put off reading this for a long time. I think it's because I tend to hate "illness" books. A lot of the time they tend to be overly corny and melodramatic and whatnot. And even the best of them ... well, from the very beginning you pretty much know how it's going to end. If it's a good book on the subject, it's going to screw with your emotions and leave you in a curled up, emotional ball by the end. Which is what this book does.Yes, this book is rather bone-crushingly sad. But it's more than that. It also manages to be sweet and romantic and adorable––as it simultaneously punches you in the face and rips your heart out. Isn't that grand? I couldn't help but fall in love with the characters, even though I knew horrible things were going to happen to them. I found myself totally enveloped in the story and unable to put the book down until I had finished. I don't really have much to complain about. (I know––shocking!) I guess the only thing that occasionally bothered me was, sometimes the dialogue feels a little unnatural. Like, the characters start talking more like pretentious adults than high-school age kids. But I suppose going through so much trauma would age you a bit, so maybe it's not too surprising.Anyway, wonderful book. The characters, the writing, everything. It was just awesome. What can I say.