Tumble & Fall - Alexandra Coutts Thank you NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of this book!Actual rating: 1.5 starsShe knows that there might be other endings, bigger endings, soon. The end of everything. The end of time. But it doesn't matter. All that matters now is that things are changing again, just when she'd started to hope that they wouldn't.An asteroid is headed straight towards earth, and the apocalypse is inevitable. There is no chance to save the world, which only leaves everyone to decide what to do with the time they have left. As the days run out, three teenagers––Sienna, Zan, and Caden––struggle with issues involving friends, family, and romance, knowing that this is their very last chance.I had high hopes for Tumble & Fall. It has a gorgeous cover, an interesting title, and I thought the story sounded promising. Sure, the whole "asteroid is going to strike the earth" thing has been played out hundreds of times––but it sounded less like a Michael Bay movie and more like it was going to be about the intense psychological aspect of waiting for the world to end.And well, the book does focus more on the psychological aspect. But by the end, I was almost hoping for it to go completely Michael Bay and that everything would just explode already.Nothing disappoints me more than a boring apocalypse story. (Well, maybe that's not true … but it is very disappointing.) Sure, I'm happy to see authors trying to take a new spin on the apocalypse story since it's so overused. But I also have to believe in it. And I just didn't get a sense of "end of the world" from this book.All the characters seemed pretty chill about the world coming to an end. Instead of totally losing their minds or freaking out, they all decided to do pretty dull things like find out if their dead boyfriend had been cheating on them, or go sit around awkwardly with their estranged father. I just expected more … passion out of this book, I guess.The end of the world is a pretty intense thing. And I mean, I understand that there's a sense of numbness and denial that would come along with it. But there would also be moments of total panic, of just not being able to take it anymore. And I felt like that aspect was not fully realized. Everything was just so tame for an end-of-the-world scenario.I couldn't get myself to feel invested in these characters' stories. There were only three protagonists, and I could barely even remember who was who. I just didn't find them very distinguishable from each other, and I didn't feel a connection to any of them. They all seemed to just have "doom and gloom" type attitudes, like, "The world's ending … oh well, everything sucks." And … that was it.I thought it was fairly well-written and many of the descriptions were good. But to be honest, I skimmed through most of it because it just didn't grab me most of the time.Pretty much the only thing that kept me mildly interested was the setting in Massachusetts––because every time a place was mentioned I could be like, "Oh yeah, I've been there!" But in the end, I didn't feel like I really got anything out of this book and I didn't absorb much of it. If it had been more focused on developing strong and distinctive characters, and had intensified the emotions more, it would have been a lot more enjoyable for me. As it was, I found it pretty forgettable. ---------You can also read this review on Flying Kick-a-pow! Reviews.